The Scottish Government has confirmed that, from Friday 20 November at 6pm, Renfrewshire will be in Covid Protection Level 4. These measures will last for three weeks until Friday 11 December.
Essential council services are still operating during the Level 4 restrictions.
The key restrictions are summarised below. Full details can be found at www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels/pages/protection-level-4/.
Level 4 restrictions include:
- At this time, you should not host people from any other household in your home or visit people you do not live with in their home, no matter where that is – unless they are in your extended household.
- You can continue to meet in a maximum group of six people from two households outside – although you must follow physical distancing.
- Schools and nurseries remain open, but with additional safety measures in place
- You can travel only for essential reasons and this will become law from Friday 20 November, so please do not travel outside our local authority area for any non-essential reason – and avoid car-sharing and public transport where possible.
- Pubs, restaurants, cafes, close-contact retail such as hairdressers and beauty services, leisure and entertainment premises, and non-essential retail shops are closed in level 4.
- Essential shops, such as supermarkets and pharmacies remain open.
Follow the FACTS advice at all times to keep yourself and others safe.
If you have symptoms of Coronavirus, book a test immediately and self-isolate while you wait for the results.
If you are contacted by Test and Protect, follow their instructions and self-isolate for the period requested.
For full details on the restrictions in Renfrewshire, visit www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/coronavirus.
For further Coronavirus health advice, visit www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus.
If anyone doesn’t have internet access, they can call Renfrewshire Council on 0300 300 0230 for support.