Renfrewshire Council has issued the following temporary prohibition of waiting and loading notice.

A761 Glasgow Road, from Oldhall Road to Tylney Road

Reason for restriction:  footway resurfacing

Vehicles left on the road in contravention of this notice will be moved out of the works area.  Local and emergency access will be maintained at all times.

This order will be in force from Monday 10th July 2023 until Sunday 23rd July 2023.  This notice will only be effective when so displayed by signs in accordance with the Traffic Signs Regulations & General Directions 2016.


Under our “Ralston in Bloom” initiative, the community council has installed 30 planters along Glasgow Road, from Barshaw Park to the Glasgow boundary.

We’ve planted summer bedding plants into the planters but, with the recent drought, we’re concerned that the plants might perish without water.

We’re asking the Ralston community to keep these planters watered, perhaps by emptying a bottle of water into a planter as you walk along Glasgow Road. Most of the planters are at bus stops, but there are some at various other locations

Please help to keep these planters flourishing!

As part of Renfrewshire Council’s actions to meet the financial challenges it faces, an annual charge of £40 will be introduced from 10 July 2023 for the collection of garden waste from residents.

The council is not legally required to collect garden waste; so the decision has been taken to introduce this charge in line with two-thirds of other local authorities who offer a garden waste collection service in their areas.

Residents should apply for their permit by 25 June 2023 to ensure it is in place when the new service begins on 10 July 2023. The permit should be reapplied for annually so it is in place for the start of each financial year on 1 April. When a permit is purchased, the transaction will be logged on the council’s system and the permit will be posted to the resident.

The permit should be attached to the front panel of the bin to ensure it is collected by the council’s crews. Those with a permit should put food and garden waste into their brown bin for collection.

Anyone who does not wish to participate can continue to present their brown bin as normal with food waste only, but if garden waste is placed into the bin without a permit, then it will not be collected until the garden waste is removed or a permit is purchased.

The permit applies to one bin only; a permit must be purchased for each brown bin a resident wishes to be collected. A replacement can be provided should the resident move during the year to another address within Renfrewshire. Additional brown bins and permits can be purchased as required.

Further information on the service, including how to apply for a new or replacement permit, is available on the council’s website.