The community council has arranged a one-off session, given by NHS trainers for local residents, which will teach basic emergency life support. It is free and will last for 2 hours.
The training session will cover:
- Cardiac arrest and awareness of a defibrillator
- Recognition of a suspected heart attack
- Placing a casualty in the recovery position
- Dealing with a severe bleed
- What to do if an adult, child or baby is choking
The session will be held from 2:00 to 4:00 pm on Sunday 29 January 2023 at St Mark’s Church, 334 Glasgow Road.
Places are limited. If you wish to secure a place, email firstname.lastname@example.org.