The Scottish Government has confirmed that, from Monday May 17, Renfrewshire will be in Covid Protection Level 2.
The key restrictions are summarised below. Full details can be found at www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels/pages/protection-level-2/.
The Covid-19 vaccine is your best protection against Coronavirus; so when contacted for your vaccination appointment, please attend at the time stated.
Please also keep in touch with your friends and family who may need support during this time and contact Renfrewshire Council should you need support or guidance.
Here is a summary of the restrictions which apply in Level 2:
- You can meet socially in groups of up to:
- 6 people from 3 households in your home or theirs – and you can stay overnight
- 6 people from 3 households in an indoor public place like a café, pub or restaurant
- 8 people from 8 households outdoors
- Under 12s do not count towards the total number of people or households meeting outside, but do count towards household numbers indoors
- You do not need to physically distance from family and friends in a private home
- You can travel anywhere in Scotland in Levels 0, 1 or 2 but must not enter a Level 3 or 4 area unless for a permitted reason
- You can travel to England, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands – before you travel you must check the travel rules in those countries
- You can provide informal childcare, for example to look after a grandchild
- Up to 50 people can attend weddings and funerals
- Tradespeople can carry out any work in your home such as painting, decorating or repairing
- You should work from home where possible
- Places and business that can open at Level 2 include:
- Cafés, pubs and restaurants
- All shops and stores
- All close contact services including hairdressers, barbers and beauty salons
- Gyms, leisure centres and swimming pools
- Tourist accommodation
- Visitor attractions
- Public buildings like libraries and community centres
- Cinemas, theatres, concert halls, amusement arcades, casinos, bingo halls, bowling alleys and snooker/pool halls
- Stadiums and events – with maximum numbers
- Places and business that must close at Level 2 include:
- Soft play, funfairs, nightclubs and adult entertainment
For more details on how the restrictions currently in place affect Renfrewshire, please visit www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/coronavirus.
If anyone does not have internet access, they can call 0300 300 0230.
Everyone should continue to follow the FACTS advice at all times to keep themselves and others safe and anyone with symptoms of Coronavirus should book a test immediately and self-isolate while they wait for the results.
If contacted by the Test and Protect team, please follow their instructions and self-isolate for the period requested.
For further Coronavirus health advice, please visit www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!