There are an estimated 700,000 people in Scotland who care for a friend, family member or neighbour affected by a disability, physical or mental ill-health, frailty or substance misuse.
If you are aged 16 or over and provide face-to-face care for family or friends who need extra support, you are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
You are eligible to register for vaccination at this stage if all of the following apply:
- you are aged 16 to 64 years old
- you provide face-to-face care and support to one or more family members, friends or neighbours
- the care you provide is not part of a contract or voluntary work
- if caring for someone under 18, they are affected by a disability, physical or mental ill-health, developmental condition or substance misuse
- you have not already received your first coronavirus vaccination
More information and registration instructions can be found on the NHS inform website.